Friday, May 06, 2011

Gratuitous Joel Edgerton

.

Well this seems overdue, doesn't it? We've been enamored with Joel Edgerton since he took his top off and rocked a beard like nobody's business in Animal Kingdom (my review)...



... but his name was popping up around here well before that, mostly due to The Thing remake. (Where the heck is that anyway? October 14th my foot, it's been done for ages. I saw him promoting it at ComiCon last year.) Aussie readers have known Edgerton for much longer, and looking through his credits I see he was in two of the Star Wars prequels? Those things are such a blur, I have no idea. He and his brother also co-wrote the wonderful thriller The Square (my review), which you should seek out if you haven't already seen it. Before The Thing remake supposedly comes out well also see him in Warrior in September, that ultimate fighter movie with Tom Hardy.



You can see worth-looking-at screen-caps from that trailer here
Yadda yadda let's stare at Joel now.

3 comments:

RJ said...

Amazing. Love him. Glad to see he signed for Bigelow's new movie.

I love Jeremy Renner, but he really should have been cast in the new Bourne.

James said...

I saw him as Stanley Kowalski opposite Cate Blanchett in 2009 and damned if he didn't hold his own against that amazing actress ... or do her one better. You could tell he was going to be huge.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he was the main voice in one of my fave short films, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vORsKyopHyM

English Songs said...

love u man!!! i've seen his movie WARRIOR it was nice!!!!
Latest English Songs